SYLLABUS, ASSESSMENT AND EXAMINATION

Classes I & II

 

Semester System will be followed for classes I & II.
50% of the syllabus will be covered between April and September. The remaining 50% of the syllabus will be covered between October and January. Students will be tested on 100% syllabus covered during the session only for Languages (English, Hindi) and also for Mathematics.

 
Ist Term : (April to Sept.)
 
10 marks notebooks (Between July and Sept.)

10 marks subject enrichment skills (Between July and Sept.)

60 marks Half Yearly Exams- Sept.

20 +10 + 10 + 60 = 100 marks
 
IInd Term : (October to March)
 
20 marks- Unit Test II – November

10 marks notebooks (Between July and Sept.)

10 marks subject enrichment skills (Between Nov. and Feb.)

60 marks Final Exams- March

20 +10 + 10 + 60 = 100 marks
 
HALF YEARLY EXAMINATION = 100 MARKS

FINAL EXAMINATION = 100 MARKS

TOTAL 200 MARKS DIVIDED BY 2 TO GET MARKS OUT OF 100.
 
Note :
1.Notebooks 10 marks
 
Regularity- 4 marks
 
Assignment and completion –4 marks
 
Neatness and upkeep- 2 mark
 
 
2.Subject Enrichment Skills 10 marks
 
Type of activities for the subjects :
 
Languages- Speaking and Listening skills
 
Science-Practical Lab work
 
Mathematics- Math Lab work
 
Social Science-Map work and Project Work
 
 
 

Classes III to VII

 
1.Syllabus to be covered between April and September will include 50% of the total syllabus. Syllabus to be covered between October and January for the final examination will include the remaining 50% of the total syllabus and 20% of the syllabus that was covered for the half yearly examination in September i.e. Students will be tested on 70% of the total syllabus covered during the session 2017-18 for classes III to VII.

 
2.Students will be tested on 100% syllabus covered during the session only for languages ( English, Hindi) and also for Mathematics.
 
3. 20 marks- Unit Test I – July
(To be brought down to 10 marks)
 
5 marks notebooks (Between July and Sept.)
 
5 marks subject enrichment skills (Between July and Sept.)
 
80 marks Half Yearly Exams- Sept.
 
10 + 5 + 5 + 80 = 100 marks
 
4.20 marks- Unit Test II – Nov./ Dec.
(To be brought down to 10 marks)
 
5 marks notebooks (Between Nov. – Feb.)
 
5 marks subject enrichment skills (Between Nov. – Feb.)
 
80 marks Final Exams- March
 
10 + 5 + 5 + 80 = 100 marks
 
HALF YEARLY EXAMINATION = 100 MARKS
 
FINAL EXAMINATION = 100 MARKS
 
TOTAL 200 MARKS DIVIDED BY 2 TO GET MARKS OUT OF 100.
 
Note :
1.Notebooks (5 marks)
 
Regularity- 2 marks
 
Assignment and completion – 2 marks
 
Neatness and upkeep- 1 mark
 
 
2.Subject Enrichment Skills (5 marks)
 
Type of activities for the subjects :
 
Languages- Speaking and Listening skills
 
Science-Practical Lab work
 
Mathematics- Math Lab work
 
Social Science-Map work and Project Work
 
 
 

CLASSES VIII TO X

 
The CCE system which was being followed in the previous session stands discontinued w.e.f. the academic session 2017-2018.
 
Details regarding the examination pattern will be forwarded to parents shortly.
 
 
 

CLASS XI

 
Unit Test
 
Marks – 30 Marks

Weightage – 10%

Months – July
 
Term I Examination
 
Marks – 100 Marks

Weightage – 20%

Months – September
 
Term- II Examination
 
Marks – 100 Marks

Weightage – 20%

Months – December
 
Final Examination
 
Marks – 100 Marks

Weightage – 50%

Months – February
 
 
 

CLASS XII

 
Unit Test
 
Marks – 30 Marks

Weightage – 10%

Months – May
 
Term I Examination
 
Marks – 100 Marks

Weightage – 20%

Months – September
 
Pre-Board-I
 
Marks – 100 Marks

Weightage – 20%

Months – December
 
Pre-Board II
 
Marks – 100 Marks

Weightage – 50%

Months – January
 
 

For promotion from Class XI to Class XII, a student must obtain a minimum of 33% in each subject, practical exam and in the aggregate. The cumulative performance of the student in the above mentioned examinations will be considered for promotion to Class XII.
 
Students who take an additional subject must appear for all regular tests and “Term Papers’ in the subject.