The curriculum and activities are planned purposefully and pursued persistently.
The academic session is divided into two terms-April to September and October to March. There are four Formative Assessments and two Summative Assessments under the Continuous Comprehensive Evaluation (CCE ) pattern.
Learning beyond textbooks is through :-
A. Co-Curricular Activities
- Interhouse Activites and competitions
- Peer Group and Pair work
- Class Discussions
- Research Work
- Model Making
- Preparing and Presenting Power point presentations
- Field Trips
- Experimenting in the Laboratories
- Online Participation in Quiz, Poster designing etc.
B. Special Programmes
- ECO-CLUB ACTIVITIES: Environment is a global issue in the present scenario. Various activities are undertaken to sensitize the students on environmental issues.
- Celebrating days (Earth Day, World Forestry Day, World Environment Day, Wildlife Weeks etc.)
- Drawing, Poster making, Slogan Writing, Creating Best out of Waste competitions are organized.
- Working with TERI(The Energy and Resources Institute) and spreading the message of proper waste management as TERI TETRA-PAK ambassadors.
- Working Hand in Hand with various NGO’s (Yuvsatta) towards conserving Nature & Natural resources.
- Maintaining the Solar Green House in the school.
- Photography (Capturing Nature with lens)
- INTERACTIVE SESSIONS: Students get an opportunity to interact with well known personalities.
- Scientists –learn to relate textbook learning to daily life
- Authors- Get motivated to read & write
- Doctors- Learn about personal hygiene, medical facts & gender sensitivity.
- AWIM: A World in Motion – An international event by the name of ‘Jet Toy’ & ‘Skimmer’ provides an opportunity to explore physical Science while addressing essential mathematic and scientific concepts-help to tap the science quotient of the students.
- INTACH-Cultural Heritage: Filmit is a multi-cultural project for classes 6, 7 & 8 that aims at nurturing cultural understanding, care and concern through the exciting experience of making films and sharing these with school children in UK through the internet.
- THOTS –The Higher Order Thinking Skills: For students of class 5- a unique and an innovative programme to develop and nurture ‘Thinking Skills’, Thinking Processes’ and ‘Life Skills’ in students.
- Field Show or Variety Programme or a Project Display is organized annually where in each and every student participates.
- SPACE – ISSEarthKAM: A ‘NASA’ initiative where the students are introduced to observe the ‘locations’ of their choice on earth through the satellite and click images of the same-satellite photograph.
- Quality Circle Time: Training programme for teachers aimed to empower educators to become energetic, effective, reflective practitioners and lifelong learners.
- Field Trips and Excursions are organized.
- Games & Sports: Students have an option to join morning and after school clubs i.e. Skating, Soccer, Cricket and Theatre.